Anal itching is a common symptom occurring in all age groups, which not only brings uncomfortable feelings to patients but also is a warning sign of many dangerous anus diseases. However, a lot of people are indifference to this symptom until they become more severe and may directly threat to their health. So, to help you better understand this symptom, in this post, we will share some information as well as useful home remedies for anal itching. Hopefully, with our shares, you can detect and treat this problem early, avoiding the unexpected consequences.
Anal itching and its causes
Anal itching is a popular problem that most of the people have to face it at least once in lives. It is irritation of skin areas surrounding the anus. Depending on the causes and the condition of the symptom, the patients will have the different itch sensations. Some people only have a mild itch which can be treated by simple home remedies for anal itching while someone, besides getting itches, also have pain and rectal discharge in the anus.
Anal itching can be caused by many reasons, including both common and pathological causes. Here are some popular causes:
- By irritation of chemicals or soap: The anus and the skin around are very thin and easily irritated when exposed to soaps, sanitary solution or shower milk. Once you have allergies due to using soap or bath milk, stop using them immediately and do not scratch too much. Then, you can go to the doctor to have proper treatment.
- By moisture in your anus: The continuous moisture is the excellent condition for bacteria, fungi, and parasites to grow, causing inflammation. On the other hand, if the skin in the anus is too dry, the anal itching problem will occur. This is also the common reason causing anal itching in old people.
- Poor personal hygiene: The anus is the part where solid waste leaving the body so if it is not washed regularly, the harmful bacteria will grow very quickly, causing inflammation and anal itching symptom.
- Due to hemorrhoids: In case you are suffering from hemorrhoids, mucus in the stool will be secreted a lot, creating a convenient environment for harmful bacteria living and growing. Although it does not directly threaten your health, it always makes you feel uncomfortable and embarrassed. So you should treat the problem as soon as possible.
- Infection in the anus: Some causes causing infection in the anus like anal inflammation or sexually transmitted infections.
- Anal itching due to anal infection
- Some conditions that cause an infection in the anus, such as anal inflammation, or infections caused by sexually transmitted infections, are known to cause irritation in the anus and lead to itching and pain.
Home remedies for anal itching
Break the bad habits
Breaking the bad habits is the best way to get rid of anal itching as well as keep your body healthy.
- Have a healthy diet, eat more high-fiber foods, vegetables, fresh fruits and drink plenty of water. Avoid eating spicy, fried foods and fatty foods.
- Do not use the harmful stimulants like nicotine, caffeine, alcohol,…
- Wear loose clothing so that the anus is not rubbed too much.
- Do not use your fingers to scratch because it can cause infection, making the problem worse.
- Clean your body regularly and take the deworming pills twice a year.
Garlic contains a large amount of selenium, a powerful antioxidant substance that can protect the cell membrane, prevent cancer and cardiovascular disease. It also has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties which are very effective in treating anal itching problem.
You just need to crush garlic and then, use a cotton pad to absorb garlic oil and rub it directly on your anal area. Leave it overnight and rinse with warm water in the next morning. This is one of the simplest and effective home remedies for anal itching caused by pinworm.
Salt has a great antiseptic property so using salt water will help you quickly get rid of itching symptom and comfortable feeling in the anus. Dissolve a little salt with warm water and then, soak the anus in this solution for 15 minutes. Repeat this remedy for several weeks; you will see the results.
Heartleaf has long been regarded as a panacea for hemorrhoids and skin diseases. It is also extremely effective in treating anal itching due to the ability to kill the bacteria causing itching. You can boil water with heartleaves to rinse the anus or use heartleaf pulp to apply to the anal area for 20 minutes. Apply 4 times per week, the problem of anal itching will be relief fast.
According to Oriental medicine, Kalanchoe Pinnata has slightly sour flavor, cool, non-toxic which is very good at dealing with inflammatory diseases both inside and outside the body such as enteritis, internal hemorrhoids, gastric ulcer,… In order to treat anal itching by Kalanchoe Pinnata, you need to prepare 6g Kalanchoe Pinnata leaves, 6g Common Purslane; then, eat directly or boil with water to drink.
Thanks to its bactericidal effect, betel leaf can help you quickly get rid of anal itching symptom. You can use betel leaf in these two simple ways:
- Method 1: Crush betel leaves and apply them to your anus for 30 minutes. Rinse with warm water. Repeat 2 – 3 times per day.
- Method 2: Crumple betel leaves and boil with water, add a little salt. Use this water to wash and soak the anus once per day during one week; the problem will be cured.
These home remedies for anal itching above are very simple and can be applied at home without cost. However, anal itching might be caused by many dangerous diseases so if the symptom gets more severe, you should go to the doctor to find the reason and have an appropriate treatment.